Loughborough University was founded in 1966 and has a global reputation for academic excellence, strong links with business and industry and unrivalled sporting achievement. This is evident in our rankings success and numerous achievements which include:
- Ranked 11th out of 129 UK universities, The Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017
- Ranked 4th out of 129 UK universities on the Guardian League table
- Ranked 7th out of 129 UK universities on the Complete university guide
- Fourteen academic subjects ranked in the UK Top 10, The Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017
- Ranked 14th in the UK and 9th among universities in England for research intensity, Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014
- Ranked No.1 in the THE Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey, 2016
- University of the Year, WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2015
- Awarded 7 Queen’s Anniversary Prizes, 2nd only to The University of Oxford
- University of the Year for Sport , The Times Good University Guide 2015
The University’s 438 acre single-site green campus, the largest in the UK, offers great facilities for every aspect of student life. It is home to 17,000 students from over 100 countries. There are plenty of open spaces, gardens and sports areas along with academic buildings, student accommodation, medical centre, theatres, art galleries, cafés and shops. The campus is safe and the facilities are conveniently accessible by walking, bicycle or via the University bus service. The University is located in the historic and pretty market town of Loughborough, in the southern part of the UK and centre of England, which is around 1 hour 15 minutes from the heart of London by fastest train and just 45 minutes by road from Birmingham, the cities of Nottingham and Leicester are also closely.
Loughborough University London Campus
In September 2015 teaching commenced at our new London campus, located on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. Loughborough University London provides students with a unique study environment, strong links to local employers and innovative new Masters programmes relating to Finance, Entrepreneurship, Digital Technologies, Media & Creative Industries, Animation, Design, Sport Business, and Diplomacy.
All of our students based in London will be able to engage with business and industry throughout their programme of study, whether it is through taught modules, a ‘live’ project, work-based learning opportunities, placements, master classes and public lectures from business and external guest speakers or business incubation support.