We are Essex. We have an international reputation for excellence in research, and excellence in teaching. In 2014 we were ranked in the top 20 for our world-leading research, coming a fantastic top 5 for social science. We are home to the number 1 Politics department in the UK. We are one of the UK’s most internationally diverse campus universities with students from more than 130 countries. Whether you study in the beautiful historic parkland of our Colchester Campus, the bustling and lively town centre of Southend-on-Sea, or in our stately home at Loughton, you’ll never be more than an hour from London. With great transport links to the city and international airports on your doorstep you can enjoy a global outlook embedded in everything we do.
- Essex is number 30 in the Times Good University Guide.
- We were awarded Gold for Teaching Excellence in 2017 (TEF 2017)
- Our campus accommodation is guaranteed to all international students who apply before the deadline and offers variety, safety and quality.
- Excellent social and sports provision with an active Student’s Union and more than 40 competitive sports clubs.
- Great employment prospects- 97.8% of our international graduates were in employment or further study after 6 months.
Essex offers a range of undergraduate degrees including study abroad years, integrated industry placement years, and an equally diverse range of postgraduate opportunities. You will find a unique interdisciplinary experience that allows you to combine subjects as part of your degree.