The University of East London (UEL) aims to be London’s leading university for civic engagement, deepening your learning experience by giving you the chance to work on real-life projects at home and abroad.
We are committed to making a difference to society through world-class, high-impact research and by fostering confident, life-ready individuals capable of achieving extraordinary things for themselves and their communities.
We are pioneering new ways of learning, giving you the richest possible university experience and skills that will maximise your career prospects.
The University of East London offers more than 300 undergraduate and postgraduate courses and a variety of research opportunities through its distinctive schools. We also offer a range of distance and online learning courses.
The University is truly a global learning community with more than 120 different nationalities represented among 19,000-strong students population.
Our academic staff are also drawn from a wide range of countries and backgrounds. We offer a tolerant, multicultural learning environment and a safe, comfortable place to live at our waterside Docklands Student Village.
Top 10 reasons to study at UEL
- Studying/Living in London – The University is located in London which is UK’s most exciting and cosmopolitan city that offers excellent cultural and social opportunities. UEL’s waterfront on-campus accommodation costs 45 percent below the London average cost of student accommodation.
- Impressive facilities – The University offers exemplary teaching and learning facilities. UEL has been ranked among the top universities in the UK for investment per student in facilities.
- Broad portfolio of programmes – A comprehensive range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes have been designed to meet the academic interests and career expectations of students.
- Subject expertise and teaching excellence – UEL has been awarded the highest possible rating for ‘Quality of study programmes and academic standards of the degrees’ by UK government’s Quality Assurance Agency.
- Research intensive – UEL offers an active research atmosphere for students. For example, UEL’s Psychology research was ranked equal first in England for research impact, ahead of Oxford and Cambridge (REF 2014).
- Specialist support services – The University of East London is one of the only three UK universities that hold the UK government’s Charter Mark award in recognition of excellence in customer services.
- Scholarships for international students – UEL takes pride in offering a variety of scholarships to international students with excellent academic qualifications that range up to £4,000.
- Ranked No. 1 in the UK for inclusivity – The University of East London is one of the most inclusive universities in the UK with a diverse student population coming from different cultural, social, religious and ethnic backgrounds.
- Active Alumni network – UEL’s vibrant alumni network helps international students to stay in contact. Current in-country international alumni groups organise social activities and also provide good career networking opportunities.
- Welcoming international students – The International Office offers a free orientation programme to welcome new international students to UEL, including free airport pickup. UEL is rated as having the No. 1 visa advice service in London (International Student Barometer).